Sunday, March 9, 2008

my first african night


welllll,  i have kept a journal since 7th grade and somewhere between jberg S. Africa and Malawi i lost it. ya i usually loose things and then find them again in like an hour, but that is when my life is good and contained in my rich little suburban san diego. i cant really travel back to the Jberg and be like, hey can i have my journal, i think i lost it?  anyway, so far africa is cool, but my life isnt changed. i guess i dont think im cynical, i just think that i really love people and i unerstand that people are people no matter where you go. we have met some rad people just on the airplanes and stuff, and i hope to get to know some of the students i get to work with better. but for now i just kinda feel like im in the midwest with the drone of the billions of insects outside lulling me to sleep.

the coolest part so far was going to the church service. it is such a small congregation, and they sang us a welcome song. it was wierd because in a lot of ways the people remind me of us. they all wish they were somewher else, but knew that God just might speak to them. the cool thing was that PC brought God's word to life, and got ME excited for his series this week on the 7 deadly sins. and i figure if im excited then other people must be toooo

No comments: